Saturday, October 22, 2005

Mass Transit Story


Yo yo yo mah peeps of yohr. After only a few days of downtime with downrotten downsickness, I'm back to my old self. Yup, it's back to work and tha's pretty much it.

But things teetered over the "barely interesting" meter this morning enough to warrant blog coverage. Father and Mother Routes, Timotei, and I, along with Uncle J and Auntie C took the Metrolink train to Union Station in Downtown... and from there, took the Metro Red Line subway to Universal CityWalk for a day of fun! And when I say fun, I mean "walking around looking for something fun to do." The uncle and aunt had never been to CityWalk, so we thought we'd treat Uncle J downyonder to lunch for his birthleaƱos.

So that's exactly what we did. After an hour and fifteen minute public transit commute, we arrived at CityWalk. We decided upon Gladstones because the food was decent and there was really no other place we cared to eat. I'd really prefer to forget we ever ate at that sh**fest, but if I must retell our tale, then I must. We sat there. Our food took forever. Our waiter forgot about us. We left unsatisfied. Never again. And with that, I have now forgotten that entire experience. Poof. It's gone.

But onward to the rest of CityWalk! Well... there sure isn't much in CityWalk. There are a sh**load of places to eat. A lot of snacking stations. Interesting that CityWalk is basically a fatman's paradise. You want crepes? Three feet to your left. You want churro-flavored popcorn? Three feet behind you. You want a family-portion of sausages and fries from the Sausage Kingdom? Four bounces to your right. There are indeed stores; stores that most likely don't interest any body. There's just a whole lot of nothing downat CityWalk. You make the big loop around the block to the beat of the overly loud soundtrack and you're back at the tram. How the hell did I spend an entire day and night at CItyWalk when I was younger?

So, needing something else to occupy our time, we went to Hollywood & Highland and browsed a few stores. After being approached by many-ah costumed crazies, we got bored and simply went back home.

Well, at least the food was good. Or was it? I can't remember.

In other stuff, I'm close to completing my costume, but the coat I got maybe too big. I'm gonna try and shrink it before Halloween. If that fails, I'll just gain 50 pounds. Hello McDonald's, my old friend!

By the way, it just occurred to me that I haven't posted a picture in a while. So here. This should hold ya'll over till who knows when...





Craving Gladstones,

Ricky
_________________________________________________________________________