Thursday, November 10, 2005

10 Days Late


Holy mother of all that is holy, I can't believe we're already ten days into November and I haven't blogged this month yet. That's 1/3 of the month gone. I seriously have no idea what happened with the days. They just sort of shot passed me.

Well in those ten days, much has happened. Allow me to list:

- I forgot to mention in my last blog that K-mart, Lethal Lisa, Timotei, and I saw the show Aida in Fullerton. It was pretty good, but way too Elton Johnny at times. Some of the numbers ripped you right out of the Egyptian setting and into some disco club.

- Erico Suave and I went to a VIP Group Planner event to advertise the show Bombay Dreams coming to the Orange County Performing Arts Center. With all this group ticket planning I've been doing, I'm getting some invitations to these special events. Well we went in jeans and found everyone there oldish, whitish, fattish, and uncultured. Bombay Dreams is one of those Indian shows where each song consists of the words Shakalakalakalakalka...kalakala and there are harem hotties grooving to elaborate dance numbers. And when they showed a video of the show to the partiers, they just didn't seem interested at all. Oh well, at least I got hella henna tatted up.



- At work, I just got through a week of hell where I had literally seven tasks to do at the same time. I cannot wait for the Thanksgiving weekend so I can just relax, ya know? We'll be in Palm Desert seeing Prisoner Tribbiani's performance of Thoroughly Modern Millie.

- I'm trying to organize a family Secret Santa event this year. After initial confusing emails, I took a stand and set some rules. If you're part of my family and you still haven't responded, do so soon or else I'll personally gift wrap an ass kicking for you. Humbug.

- I went to the dentist today; the first time since I graduated from college (2 years). I had some black stains on my teeth that I was sure were cavities, but the nice dental hygienist said that it was just a build up of plaque and tartar. Gross, I know. But some bad news, for two years, that build up has been eating away at the bone under my gums. Therefore I'm going to need some major dental work done in the next couple of months.

- But on the brighter side, I bought a new laptop and printer! They're on their way to me now via UPS. It's a nice and shiny new 12" Apple iBook G4. I wanted a laptop to browse the internet while on the commuter train, while at work, while at relatives' houses, and do computer work while on vacation or away from Errol (my iMac G5). The iBook already has a name reserved... Hedwig! So my Harry Potter computer line-up is as follows:

40GB 3rd Gen iPod - Pigwidgeon
17" iMac G5 - Errol
Wireless Keyboard - Skeeter
Wireless Mouse - Scabbers
USB External Drive - BuckBeak
USB Cruzer micro portable flash drive - Lumos
iSight - Mad Eye
Wireless Router - Seeker
iBook - Hedwig
Timotei's 60GB 5th Gen iPod (Black) - Sirius

So yes, I am completely insane.



Playing catch up,

iRicky
_________________________________________________________________________