Thursday, January 31, 2008

Close Calls & Spider Dreams

I had a big "to do" planned for this story, but I realize that there's not much to say. So I'll just say it.

The four of us Routes family members were driving home from The Addams Family's house last Sunday. It was raining and late. I opted to be the man behind the wheel because I was the only one wide awake. I was leisurely going my own pace and got stopped by a signal. The light turned green and I started to cross, but in the corner of my eye, I noticed headlights fast approaching. I slowed to a stop, weary of crossing, just in case the guy didn't stop. And I was lucky to listen to my instincts because the fucker didn't stop. He sped through the intersection. I honked twice. There was a slight hesitation on his part as he crossed the red light; like maybe he had fallen asleep at the wheel and my horn startled him. I can't help but think that if this was any other situation, I would have simply saw the green light and hit the gas. But something (maybe the leisurely pace I was taking or the pit of my stomach) saved us that night.

My second story involves a dream I had. I was in a room where a couple had just finished having sex. I guess I was the creepy guy in the corner. All of a sudden the woman began literally eating the man; really devouring the man. He willingly gave himself to be dinner. And I thought nothing of it; simply "oh, she's one of those people; those black widow types." However, when I woke up, I was entirely grossed out by the mental remembrance of the woman eating the guy black widow-style.

That's enough from me. But as a preview for my next blog, I will finally have a video! It's a tour of our new house! Tune in next week.


Lost,

Ricky