Saturday, August 21, 2004

Red Lobsters and Rashes


Today, Uncle J and Auntie C took me to lunch (or breakfast since I had just woken up) at Red Lobster; home of the Chedder Bay Biscuits (Jonathan Liang introduced those bad boys to me in high school).

Things were cool. We were catching up with stuff and eating. I had a big shrimp platter; fried shrimp, buttery garlic shrimp, garlic alfredo pasta with shrimp, and garlic mashed potatoes.

After lunch, we went to CostCo for a bit (they needed to get some water). Various samples were offered on each aisle, so even though I was full from the Red Lobster lunch (I had leftovers), I took a few samples anyway. I tried samples of Kirkland Signature brand Pure Vanilla ice cream and a new product called Uncrustables (basically a peanut butter and jelly pie. It was gross).

So I got dropped off at home and then took a nice dump. Then I went to the gym. When I got back, I noticed that my face had broken out into a horrible rash. Think of bubbly mosquito bites all over my face and my skin was red all over. It was terrible. If anyone has seen Minority Report, I thought I looked like Tom Cruise after he injected that drug in him to change his face and make him look old. Yes... THAT BAD!

I'm not really sure what caused this allergic reaction. I hope it wasn't the shrimp because I love shrimp. Personally, I'm blaming it on the Uncrustables. Yes, because they sucked.

So, in need of Benadryl, I'm just drinking massive amounts of water and slathering Aloe Vera gel on my face, hoping it subsides before I have to go eat birthday dinner at Granny M's place. Imagine what they would think if I showed up looking all crapped up. They'd probably never let me leave their house.

Tomorrow's the birthday!



Red with anticipation,

Ricky
_________________________________________________________________________