Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Wading Patiently


Good news, everyone!

I made a purchase on Amazon.com! Thank you all for your support. I couldn't have done it without you.

Actually, I've had some paranoid fears about making online purchases. I just found it a little iffy giving my credit card number over the net. You never know who it's really going to. I'm not going to go crazy or anything with my credit card number. I still don't want my number spread over a ton of websites.

I bought two things. Firstly, I bought The Art of The Incredibles hardcover book. I've been looking forward to this book for about 8 months. Seriously. But the thing is, I don't want anything spoiled for me before the movie, so I'm probably not going to look through it till November 5th. The second book I bought was Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War. I wasn't exactly that thrilled with the first book (Abarat). It had an awesome intro, but fell apart near the end. The book never really went anywhere; not much payoff. But I'm keeping with the series because I do see good potential in the characters.

The reason I made the decision to buy these books online is because of the price. It's cheaper. The Incredibles book is $40 in bookstores. But at Amazon, it's only $28. The second Abarat book is $25 at Borders and only $15 online. Plus, free shipping! I'm just waiting patiently for the packages to come.

I'm also reading another book though! MacArthur and Erico Suave let me borrow Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. The first book is really short (only a little more than 100 small pages), which makes for a perfect train read. Lemony Snicket packs quite a story into so few pages. It's cleverly narrated and very interesting. I highly recommend it. There are 11 books in the series right now with 2 on the way. I'm going to go ahead and buy the whole series to add to my collection.

Some quick thoughts. There was a bomb threat on the Union Pacific yesterday that delayed our train-ride home. Lost was absolutely great tonight! Awesome awesome storytelling. Desperate Housewives is such a freakin' hoot to watch. I had the mother of all stomach aches yesterday night that nearly killed me. Mother Routes made this weird soupy/saliva-y concoction which made it go away! Work is fine. Can't wait for The Incredibles! Need a Halloween costume. Bush is a liar. TGUK ROCK!



Building walls around the words around the world,

Ricky
_________________________________________________________________________