Thursday, December 30, 2004

Coastin' With the Motion of the Ocean


Yeah, that title sounds a little too upbeat and happy for the tone of this blog, but it was the only thing that came to mind.

Anyway, unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard about the giant earthquake and tsunamis. It's really sad... really tragic. I've been reading the papers and watching the news about it and I'm really at a loss for words. It's just so devastating and amazing and I'm running out of adjectives to describe how horrible this is.

But with the death toll climbing, I find myself wondering... how do you pronounce that town "Phuket?" I mean, is it how I think it's pronounced or is there a different accent over the "Phu?"

Anyway, it's still a terrible event and I hope they bounce back quickly with help from the world.

In other breaking news, Christmas was pretty fun, but we hardly get to unwrap gifts nowadays. I remember how exciting it used to be. Shaking those big gift boxes under the tree, wondering what they were. Now we just kinda sit in front of the computer and play Yahoo! Games until we realize it's 12:45am and we could have opened our minimal gifts ages ago. I'm not really complaining really. I mean, it's great, the gifts we get. I love them. They're just more practical when you're older. You get money and gift cards. Who doesn't want that? But just want that excitement and fun that Christmas used to be. I think we can regain that with a gift exchange.

Here's my plan... we can still have the adults get the nephews and nieces gifts and whatnot. This year, I wanted to get gifts for my cousins, but it would have been way too expensive. So if all the cousins do a gift exchange, we can still have the satisfaction of getting a gift for cousins and we all get an extra gift! Next Thanksgiving, I'll get a hat and paper and we'll all draw names, for whomever wants to participate. I think it'll be fun.

And I hope my family and friends don't get the idea that I didn't like my gifts this year, because I really did love them! Some of the things I got included a wind up Bender (of Futurama fame) figure, clothes, Simpsons Jeopardy, and lovely glovelies.



Making a new year's resolution to quit rambling,

Ricky
_________________________________________________________________________