So Far Away
I realize I have been away for a while without a peep. And perhaps that makes you mad. If it does, then that brings me joy. I'm sorry, but that's just the way things are. But still, I've been away and busy for the most part and I'm here to tell you why.
I've actually tried twice to write up a blog, but I haven't had anything really worth talking about or something that could fill an entire blog entry. So here are some quick bullet points if you will that will bring you up to speed.
- The iMac is better than ever! At the Apple site, they have all these free downloads (legit!) that plus the system. Things that range from making iTunes even easier to access to ripping DVDs to back up files. I even have a program that can build photo mosaics, or "pho-mo's." I love having my own personal computer, or "PC."
- I took the computer over to the Oblong's home to test out the Wi-Fi, or "Wireless Fireless (?)," connection, which worked like a charm, and they accused me of keeping the iMac a secret so that I could be the first to own one. Pffft, some secret. I'd been talking about getting an Apple computer for weeks on this blog thing. Plus, I would probably be the first to get an Apple anyway since no one else would be willing to give them a shot. Everyone in our extended family is Windowsified. And as if Apple computers are anything new. But one thing that brings me shame. I accidentally knocked over a porcelain vase while packing up the computer and it shattered. It turns out that it was a housewarming present from the Oblong's grandmother's sister. I truly do apologize that I did something so stupid and am willing to purchase some ice cream for you if that will help.
- The job is pretty tedious with the copious amount of testing we have to do. We have to test some new software with old software and check for differences and bugs. The worst part is that when you find a bug, you have to see it through to its fix. And most of the time, I'm not sure what's right and what's wrong. So it's tough and daunting, but it's only beginning. Hooray!
- Timotei applied and interviewed for the job I left behind and he got it! He actually starts tomorrow and yours truly will be training him. I hope he enjoys working 10 hour shifts because I'm gonna whip that mo-fo, or "mother foolio," into prime number crunching shape.
- I finally went back to Disneyland yesterday! Erico Suave and MacArthur thought I had been away from it far too long and took me to see the 50th Anniversary stuff. I'd been away so long that I was actually excited to be there. They made some changes to the Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and Mansion (the coolest effect EVER!) and have new parades in both parks and a new fireworks show.
The new parades are nice. The Parade of Dreams does feel rather short, but I just thank the stars that its no longer the dreaded Parade of the Stars. The Block Party Bash is really fun and energetic, but I hate some of the music (Macarena? Hey Ya???). And the fireworks had some really great moments, but as a whole, I still prefer Believe. There's a really cool part that involves the Pirates of the Carribean music. And the coolest part was the Star Tours segment.
MacArthur even got into an argument with a bitch when the fireworks started. Everyone in front of us was standing up, so we decided to stand up in order to see. Well, this one bitch told us to sit down, but it would be entirely easier for her to just stand up. So she starts yelling, seriously, at MacArthur (who kept a calm demeanor) about how he doesn't have to be "so f***'n rude" and, and I'm not joking, "why you gotta be a bitch because you look like a bitch?" It's so funny what people think of at the spur of the moment just to try and top someone; especially when such a one is a ghetto skank ho bitch who look like a motha fuggin' skank ho slut bitch. Anyway, her family told her to knock it off and we had a good laugh afterward.
That's not the only instance of rudeness I encountered yesterday. While waiting to get dinner, I realized that people get all bent when it comes to food. In this case, and in many others, it's the fat white folk. They don't want anything to stand in the way of their carbs and will butt in, cut in, do whatever they want to get it. But that's only my experience.
Anyway, I guess that was more than enough useless info to create a blog. Would ya look at dat.
Ghetto super star,