Wednesday, July 06, 2005

How Do You Measure... Measure Two Years


I had written a reminder on my iMac that my blog anniversary was yesterday, but since it died, I totally forgot. Well, it's pretty cool lasting two years with my thoughts online. My readership has grown from three readers to five and my blogs have become increasingly bitter and angry (as witnessed in the last entry).

But I ain't stoppin' now! I won't let a defective computer stop me from my noble readers, oh no! I will blog until blogging ain't cool no more. Yeah, yeah, everyone and their mamba instructor has a blog nowadays and I gotta be honest, I don't read anyone else's. But I'm trying to remember why exactly I started this thing. Maybe I secretly wanted a diary all my life. Or maybe I thought I could write entertaining little stories that people will enjoy reading. Or maybe I just had too much time on my hands. In any case, I've enjoyed the experience and experiment and you have all fallen into my trap! These blogs have been subtly sending subliminal messages into your brain. You're all my loyal servants now and for my first command, I instruct you all to send me a dollar.

I think I'm going to start a new tradition that I should have started two years ago. I'd like to post a "now" picture of me that will be updated on the anniversary date. We'll see how I age! Maybe someone can make a flipbook out of it and I'll look like I drank from the wrong holy grail.

So here I am, 2005:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com





Five dollars richer,

Ricky
_________________________________________________________________________