Sunday, September 25, 2005

More Fun With a Side of Creepy


Keeping this short and suite... er... inn.

I spent the entire weekend with Angel Wing Jasmine at the Disneyland Resort. I mean where else would we go?

She came down from her busy body life in Northern California as a working ambulance driver and future EMT/Paramedic/Fire Fighter.

We stayed at the 5-star Jolly Roger Inn where the rooms smell like cigarette butts and look like they’re straight out of a horror movie. The inn, aka motel, is located directly behind Disney’s California Adventure; right next to the Anaheim Convention Center. Judging from inside a car, the walk from the inn to Disneyland doesn’t seem bad at all. In actual reality, the walk is a long green mile. Man, it’s far; especially when your feet hurt from walking all day. But the Jolly Roger Inn was the only hotel with rooms on such short notice. Angel Wing Jasmine wanted the Disneyland Hotel at first, but they were completely booked.

So much happened that I can only give you highlights:

- It must have been Creepy Daddy Daughter Day at the parks because we saw some father/daughter relations that seemed too touchy feely for anywhere non-middle America. There was this one dad who was continually rubbing the shoulders of his little girl; hugging, petting, bear hug pick-ups. Suffice it to say, AWJ and I felt violated.

- We rode Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters four times! I can only max at around 350,000 points/Level 3 rank. How can I score in the millions and not be branded a geek?



- We saw the new Parade of Dreams all four times. At first I found the parade to be too short and quick. These viewings, I thought the parade was awesome. The music is spectacular and the parade stops are impressive.

- There were many “bowlers” at the parks.

- We ate EVERYTHING. Seriously. AWJ made a list of things she wanted to eat (Plaza Inn, Redd Rocket’s Pizza Port, McDonald’s fries, churros, ice cream, dole whips (I had 3 of them), mozzarella sticks, Taste Pilot’s Grill happy face potatoes, Wetzel’s Pretzels, cream cheese pretzels, candied apples, Denny’s). We got everything on that list except for Wetzel’s. I wasted so much food and probably gained a pound! Seriously though. I felt sick.

- It deserves mentioning again: Three Dole Whips! Best damn soft served in the world.

- Some lady made a scene while trying to force her way through a sea of seated people waiting for the fireworks. “Can you move your f-ing a’s for one second to let 2 children through?” Everyone stared at her, but no one moved. “How else am I supposed to get through? There’s no other way!” she oinked. Disneyland workers responded, “Ma’am turn around and use the walkways we’ve set up.”

- For the 50th Anniversary, there are 50 hidden “50 Mickey Ears” around Disneyland. AWJ and I found around 46 of them. We ruled!

So that was the weekend. Sure it tired me out, but it felt like a vacation since I was staying at the hotel. AWJ and I are planning more trips around her busy EMT intern schedule. Soon we’ll be hitting Florida, Vegas, and maybe Hawaii. I tossed Hawaii in there for flava.



Crappin' pineapple goodness,

Ricky
_________________________________________________________________________