Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hurry Potter!

Since yesterday, I've been living under a rock when it comes to news sites and the like. Some jackass leaked pictures of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on the net and now everywhere I turn it's "Harry Potter leaked! See what happens!" and "Read the possible endings of the book!"

I wish this world wasn't so full of assholes. Honestly, why would someone want to ruin something for so many people. Or maybe I should blame my constant need to avoid spoilers and see things fresh. I'm the same with movies that I care deeply about. Seeing too much of an anticipated thing leads to less enjoyment. I find things are far worth the wait.

So dammit, this Saturday can't come fast enough. For the past two books, I've gone to Borders at midnight to pick up the books, but this year I'm so daftly paranoid of some jerkoff getting the first copy, flipping to the end, and yelling "HARRY DIES!" (or "HARRY LIVES!" for that matter) and killing it for everyone. Of course, I'm sure everyone in the bookstore would kill that jerkoff; thousands of anklebiting kids gnawing his spoiling limbs off. Hell, now I'm kind of sad that I'll miss that; a live man getting ripped to shreds. I'm sure there'll be other times for that.

Where was I? Oh yeah, so instead of risking it, I pre-ordered my book off Amazon, which should be delivered Saturday afternoon; at which time I will lock myself in my room and read read read till my eyes bleed. It's an ambitious task (finishing the book over the two day weekend) for myself since I read at such a slow rate, but I think I can do it. Headaches be damned, I will finish before I rejoin the populous on Monday morning where all dangers of ruining the ending will cease to exist. Of course, I'd probably have to stay in the hospital for a week to Reparo! my eyeballs, but it'll all be worth it in the end.


Neosporining my eyes,

Ricky