Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Welcome to the "2" to the "6" to the apostrophe "S"

Erico Suave texted me that this morning at 6am and I just thought it was completely awesome. I had to steal it. : )

So that's it. Today I am twentysix years old. Twentysix. That's like starting a new quarter century. And that sucks.

But it was a pretty good day. I went to a very good restaurant for lunch with a bunch of co-workers (L'Angolo Café) and then almost immediately had my department birthday party with a carrot cake from Porto's. That's a very well known, very fancy and expensive bakery in Glendale. Honestly, when I requested carrot cake, I was expecting Ralph's or Vons. I certainly did not expect, nor really feel I deserved, Porto's! That's stuff our Vice President gets on his birthday.

But moving away from my birthday for a while, I completely neglected to mention in the past few days the first annual KFC Dinnergether. Yes, it was the Kwan Family Cousins night out. It was just us kids who went to T.G.I. Friday's and bonded over steaks, ribs, burgers, and salads. We are so damn close that we decided to do the same event every year. Aren't we adorable?


And now back to my birthday, I gotta publically thank Angel Wing Jasmine for her lovely gifts: a Dean Koontz book (Watchers), the 2008 Futurama wall calendar, a Wii Points card (with which I've already purchased Super Metroid), and SSX Blur for the Wii. I love me some gifts!

And now since I brought up the Wii, you may be interested to know that I'm trying desperately to finish Resident Evil 4 quickly by next Tuesday before Metroid Prime 3: Corruption comes out.

God I love me some games.


Whoa whoa whoa whoa yah yeh ya ya yeh yeh yeh ya yah yeh yeh yeh ya yeh yeh,

Ricky