Thursday, January 01, 2009

20096,000

You can try all you want to find the hidden meaning behind this entry's title, but you ain't gonna find nothin' significante.

To be honest, I'm just a big "In The Heights" freak.

I'm sitting here at this moment watching the Rose Parade. It's the first time in a long while since I've watched it live or even cared to watch it in general. I'm so glad that this parade is still a great big deal for people. It's such a nice parade with a great gimmick; floats covered in organic material.

I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade earlier this year and while I enjoyed it, giant balloons isn't as exciting as animated floats covered in flowers. That might have sounded sarcastic, but I'm dead serious. I'm really enjoying this parade. It must be due to my older age because it's actually bringing me delight.

Well, we rang in the new year playing Rock Band 2 and drinking J Cuvee Brut 20. But this time, the champagne tasted.......................................... different. I'm just not so sure about it anymore. Maybe it wasn't chilled long enough, but it had a plasticky taste this time around. And it wasn't as appley as I remembered. So, I think I'm back to Martinelli's Sparkling Cider and hard liquor shots.

Everyone have a safe new year. Hopefully this year will prove better than last year with Obama at the helm. DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE!


Stopping to smell the roses,

Ricky