Sunday, August 23, 2009

All Quiet on the Westward Ho

Things have fallen silent on this blog, but not because of Twitter. I've fallen a little by the wayside at that place too. It's because I'm cooking up something in my personal life, but I can't get into specifics. But if all goes as planned, this will be great for me!

But so what did we miss? Well, I turned 28 yesterday. I like this age because it's well rounded. In celebration, I got a haircut from Gilbert. It looks sexy. Also Disneyland with the cousins; super tiring. And just today I decided to have a "Me Day in LA."

With a car and tank of gas, I drove myself to Sushi Go 55 in Little Tokyo and ate by myself at the sushi bar. Then with free Dodger tickets in hand, I made my way to the game. On the way, I noticed my face broke out in hives; allergic reaction to the sushi which is a first.

When I got to the game, I found that my seat was already all shaded, so sun wasn't an issue. But the game was. Manny Ramirez was horrrrrrible!!! Because he's sort of fat, he can't exactly hustle to catch a pop fly into left field. And when the ball rolled away from him, jeers from the crowd. Well, they lost.

After the game, I got lost around LA trying to find a Chevron. Using my iPhone map app, I found one, but still got the run around. Then I went down to Santa Monica to look around the Promenade and get some Yummy Cupcakes! Overall it was a fun day of freedom with a vehicle. I need my own car!

Upcoming, we have Ellvin Kelvin's wedding soon! Expect a full report!


Short and sweet like cupcakes,

Ricky