Sunday, September 07, 2003

An Evening Poetry Break


Down The Taken Path by Richard Mar

Times like these I'd like to forget,
Where jealousy is everywhere I look
And I regret the decisions that have
Led me to this life that just seems wasted.

I feel I've misplaced my steps one way
Or another and didn't amount to my best.
I wonder if I should have said yes at a crossroad
Where it seemed just too difficult
To try. I should have tried.

So now, when everyone is discovering new wonders
And more about themselves and what they can be,
I pulsate with envy
And ask myself why?

Watching my step only made me more fragile
And while I double checked, I lost
Time amounting to wasted life, for what?
A flawless shell with an undeveloped soul.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________