Friday, September 26, 2003

The Life of an Unemployee


I don't even think that's a word: unemployee. In fact, I'm pretty damn sure that it isn't a word. But it works, I think. If you can be an employee... then what are you when you aren't employed; an unemployee.

Okay, that was the biggest waste of time you've ever read. So I'll skip to the point.

These past 3 days have been anything but productive. I wake up, get ready to go nowhere, play on the computer, watch TV, go to the Oblong's for leftovers, talk on the phone, and then sleep.

With everyone either working or going to school, I'm left to do crap.

Today, after sitting for too long at the computer, I went to get something to eat and then thought about taking Ollie out for a ride. Well, instead, I took a nap. Thus is the life of an unemployee.

I watched the premiere of Friends today and I found it to be incredibly enjoyable. It was basically a laugh-a-minute episode and a throw back to the good times of Friends. Very well done and a great start to the final season. I also saw the show Coupling which I didn't find funny at first, but warmed up to it after a few good jokes. Then at the end, when it all came together, I really gave the show props for being smart and funny. I only hope it can keep going full steam ahead. I just don't see how a show about six friends hooking up can last very long (unless they continually add fresh people to the mix).

I've been working on a few site upgrades to The Routes, mainly adding a few new features, such as a navigation bar that makes it easier to get around the website and a new section to put single pictures up and give quick updates. I'm always thinking of new ways to improve my site. If you have any suggestions or comments, please be sure to contact me using the link "Send Feedback" to the top-right of this page.

One last thing, my elbow injury is fully scabbed and hurts when I extend my arm. It sucks. Alas, thus is the life of a skater. Just how long exactly till I can pick at the scab and be fully healed? And will it leave a scar? I certainly hope so!



Waiting to do anything remotely fun,

Ricky

_________________________________________________________________________