Friday, October 31, 2003

It's Me and the Moon on Halloween


Ah, Halloween, controversy be thy name.

I stole that line from one of my writers when I was newspaper editor in high school, but anyway.

It's Halloween! And I once again don't have a costume and don't care to make one because even if I did, I wouldn't have anywhere to wear it to. So, it'd just be a complete and utter waste of time.

But then again, what isn't for me?

Anyway, I actually do have plans tonight. I'm going with Erico Suave and Disneyland's own Artie to watch Alien (the rerelease). I've never seen it before, so I'm not really expecting much out of anything. I mean, it's an oldie. How scary could it be? : )

Yesterday, I bought the Dashboard Confessional album "A Mark - A Mission - A Brand - A Scar" at Best Buy for $10. I really like that song "Hands Down," so I figured, why the hell not. I'll probably like them.

As of right now, I'm very unimpressed. The other songs are rather slow and not as catchy and the word "whiney" popped into my head while giving it a listen.

On the other hand, I can't get enough of Something Corporate's album "North." At first, I felt lukewarm about it, nothing too catchy, mainly slow ballads. But after extended listenings, I love it. The lyrics are very deep and reflect more of their "Konstantine" side, rather than their "Woke Up in a Car" style.

Maybe I'll warm up to Dashboard Confessional the same way I did with Something Corporate.

And in one last piece of news that is sure to get a "who gives a fop" out of you, I completely 100% completed The Simpsons: Hit & Run game. It was such a blast. The game pissed me off at times, but was beatable and very fun. It was really nice just taking a stroll around Springfield and looking for all the faithful gags from all seasons of the show. I definitely recommend this game if you're a fan of the Simpsons. It'll make you ooh and ahh and giggle throughout.

Have a safe time trick-or-treating everyone. Stay safe.



Dressing up as a Crazy 88 thug,

Ricky

_________________________________________________________________________