Sunday, January 25, 2004

Boredom - The Story of My Life


Welcome to nothingness. Well, welcome to non-eventfulness?

Whatever! You get the point. I'm bored. And nothing has happened since I returned home from the east coast.

Okay, maybe one thing.

I finally got to finish reading The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I can't recommend it enough, it's so good (unless you're heavily Christian and are insecure or offended easily about your faith). The book draws on a huge conspiracy theory that ultimately gives ideas that could crumble Christianity. But that's only part of the fun/coolness. There are several little details hidden on Leonardo Da Vinci paintings that hint at the "truth." In other words, it's fun to try and figure out the puzzles and codes as the book progresses and to see these little details (stuff hidden in plain sight within very public paintings) that are easily missed.

I can't wait to see the movie which will probably be out sometime next year. Meanwhile, I've picked up another book (one that I've been putting off reading), The Phantom Tollbooth. Yes, the children's book. But I find that children's books, along with being a lot quicker and easier to read, are a lot more interesting that adult books. After I'm done with this book (or most likely midway through it), I will pick up Dan Brown's first Robert Langdon novel Angels & Demons. Also on my list is Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire (which is also a musical).

And lastly, it was Angel Wing Jasmine's birthday yesterday! Wish her happy birthday if you see her!



Waiting for a Phantom Tollbooth to appear in my room,

Ricky

_________________________________________________________________________