Monday, February 16, 2004

Finally! An Update on The Routes!


You may not care, but it's a relief that I finally got around to updating the big site! I actually had the Route, WDW picture update, 90% complete two weeks ago. I wrote out the story and uploaded the pictures, but I decided to hold off on 10 extra pictures I had to reprint off of Erico Suave's negatives. That took a total of a week to process and pick up. But now it's all done. Check it out here.

I'll have another update by the end of this week. A simple Highlight of the Vegas trip in T-minus 2 days.

In other news, I finished Howl's Moving Castle this morning. Funny thing about that book. I thought it was going to be a straight forward children's fantasy story like Alice in Wonderland, but as I progressed through the book, characters were fully fleshed out, events that seemed minor eariler in the book turned out to be major happenings, and it had layer upon layer in a complex story. But it was really enjoyable. I really liked the book. And I'm not much into fantasy novels (unless it's Harry Potter). I'll probably read it again to fully understand everything that happened because I'm still confused about a few of the story elements. But, I did the next best thing. I gave the book to K-mart to read and then we'll discuss it when she's done.

So, now I'm on to reading Digital Fortress. This book will take me a while.

And one final story. I was taking a poopie early this morning (okay, it was at 2pm) and I didn't have my contact lenses on at the time. I look at the floor and see a huge black dot moving towards the toilet. So I freak out and grab the only thing I could really reach... the roll of toilet paper. But instead of being brave and taking a few sheets and smashing it, I took the whole roll and smashed it over the spider. It didn't work. The little dot kept moving nearer. So I smashed it again, this time harder and with a crushing twist of the wrist.

So there it stood, smashed into the Charmin roll, leaking its brownish fluid and fossilized into the paper. It was gross. What can I say though... I'm a wuss when it comes to spiders.



Killing Wizard Howl's spiders,

Ricky

_________________________________________________________________________