Wednesday, March 03, 2004

The End to my Unemployment Woes?


First of all... what "unemployment woes?" I'm loving this "staying at home/not doing a damn thing except for things that I wanna do/lazying about around the house/being a complete bum" thing.

But, I suppose I ought to find some sort of job.

So Mother Routes put in my résumé at her work for a temp position to get my foot into the company door. And, as it always works out, I have an obstacle in the way before I can enjoy my New York Experience. I have an interview for the job on Friday (I also leave for New York that night).

So, I'm a bit nervous. I've been reading this book called The Interview Kit by Richard H. Beatty in preparation for the interview. It's helping a little to prepare me for what I should say, but it's doing nothing to calm my nerves. I suppose that's normal. When I had to interview for my job at Disneyland, I was nervous as sh**. So... just wish me luck ya'll. I'm scared, but I'm just gonna roll with it, get through it, then pack up and leave on a Jet Blue plane.

In other news, I'm very excited about visiting New York now. At first, I was scared. This will be my first time flying alone, but it shouldn't be too bad. It's a red-eye flight, so I can just sleep through it. Or if I can't sleep, then I have my last Dan Brown book to read (I've been saving it for the flight actually). And more than likely, I'll be listening to music on the way.

Okay, I got nothing else to say. Please, just let me cry in preparation for this interview.



Sobbing,

Ricky

_________________________________________________________________________