Monday, May 03, 2004

Some Like it Hot... I Call Them Idiots


Man, don't it suck out there?

I mean, you sit in the car for a 5 minute drive and your back is soaked from your body juice.

I'm more of a cold person to tell you the truth. I can find it comfortable as hell huddled under a thick blanket and 7 layers on. When it's hot, all you can do is strip down to your skivvies and lay around until you stop sweating. It's a pain.

Sure, when I was younger, summer was the "cool" time of the year. Because, HOORAY, no school! But after college, it just sorta, well, sucks. When you work, it's the same schedule throughout the year. The weekends become your summers and that ain't not enough. So, when you work, you can either be cold during your non-breaks or unbearably, ruthlessly, unrelentless heatily (okay, I made that last adjective up) HOT! So, you be the judge. Of course, if you're under 21, you may not know what I'm feeling till you're out of school. But for those who do know what I'm preachin', lemme hear ya'll holla!

Shut up.

Okay, so it's hot and I'm a bit delirious from the heat stroke, but I gotta salute those who actually work out in the sun, i.e. Erico Suave, MacArthur, Julio Bob the Construction Beotch, etc. I guess what I'm saying is that I shouldn't be complaining about the heat since I work in an air conditioned office. But still, it's hot and I don't like it.

And now on to my Final Thought. I've been reading The Catcher in the Rye. I read it back in high school (or was it junior high?) but I didn't really read it. I kinda just followed along with the rest of the class. See back then, I hated reading... I couldn't appreciate any literature because, quite frankly, it bored me to tears. But now, I'm enjoying it! I think when people are forced to "read," they couldn't care less. I dunno. About the only thing I remembered back when I "read" Catcher in the Rye the first time was his night with the prostitute. Now, rereading that part, it's much clearer. I think Holden Caulfield is a hell of a role model. Well, not really, but he's really smart and calls everyone a moron, so that's A-OK in my book.

Anyway, I'm done. But you weren't forced to read this blogger, so you should care. Jerkwad.

BTW, Erico Suave says "hi!"



Getting socked in the stomach,

Ricky

_________________________________________________________________________