Friday, July 02, 2004

Dalmatians!


I'm tired right now, but ultra pumped for the weekend. Because it's a three-day baby!

Firstly, Thoroughly Modern Millie was really really good. It was entertaining as all hell. There were a bunch of dancing numbers, and not just like ballroom dancing and whatnot, but large groups of dancing. I haven't seen anything like that since, probably, Steps in Time at Disney's California Adventure. So, it's good to watch a large choreographed number once in a while. It's just doggone impressive is what it is.

It's also got a story. A small town Kansas girl goes to New York to be the modern 1920s woman who doesn't marry for love, but marries rich. She plans on marrying her boss, but ends up falling for this other guy. And then there's a subplot involving a white woman disguised as an asian woman who sells orphans off to slave countries. Of course it ends happily.

Something I realized just today...

I walked into a boba place today listening to my iPod. The guy at the counter took my order and then asked if I was listening to the pod. I told him yes and then we struck a short conversation about our iPods. This got me thinking that when you buy an iPod, you are kind of joining a community of iPodders.

Anyway, I thought that was cool. There's a new iPod alternative by Sony coming out that is smaller, holds 20 gigs, and has a battery life of up to 30 hours. It's a good product supposedly, but it just doesn't seem like it'll give the same sort of pride that iPod owners have. It's just kinda like getting the "other" product.

But what do I know. I'm biased. I'm just telling my side of the story.

Is it September yet?



Pronging and Padfooting,

Ricky

_________________________________________________________________________