Friday, September 24, 2004

Sick in My Skin


Crapsticks. I haven't been sick in like two years or so. Seriously.

Yesterday night, I started to get a sore throat. I wasn't worried though because in the past, when I started to get a sore throat, I would just gargle with Listerine and it would be gone by morning. Well, I took my advice and in the morning, it hurt like a bus ramming into an old lady's monster truck. Yes folks. THAT BAD!

Anyway, so I went to work and it was okay. I drank some tea, but the feeling wasn't gone. Lemon tea and honey to be exact. After lunch, things started getting worse. In addition to my throat, my nose started to run. It got all stuffed and congested and I was sneezing up a storm. Then my ears clogged up. Then my head started to hurt and I was catching a fever. Then my body started to ache. Finally, I was feeling cold and shivery and just plain miserable. So my mom and I left work a little early. I took a Motrin and slept on the train.

I'm feeling a little better now, but I think it's just the Motrin working. Usually when I get sick and have a fever, I have a horrible nightmare that night and very often sleepwalk. It's really scary. I can't remember what the nightmares are about, but they are really terrifying.

My immune system probably took a beating from the Florida trip. That's what happens when you don't get much sleep and overexert your body to the point where every afternoon you're even too tired to smile. Yes folks, it was THAT BAD!

But the good thing is that if I'm sick, I'll more than likely lose the weight I put on last week. Score!

Anyone want to see Sky Captain and the WORLD OF TOMORROW with me? And I'm super pumped to see The Incredibles. Catch the new trailer here.



Achoo!

Ricky
_________________________________________________________________________