Friday, October 29, 2004

No Day But Today Sucked Harder


Wow, I survived? It's all a blur. Oh no, wait. I remember today all too clear and it SUCKED!

The day had potential. Because our company had a really good quarter, our big cheese gave the company a short 6 hour day. In order to take advantage of the shortened day, we went in to work really early. The first train that goes out to Los Angeles departs an hour earlier than our normal train. That means we had to get up at 4am.

So we went to the station and it was incredibly cold. I was freekink freeezing! And lo-and-behold, the train is late. When it finally arrived, we learned that the train had a "hot wheel" and they weren't sure if it'd make it any further down the line. It did, but we had to stop midway through to let the wheel cool down. Because of this, we were half and hour later than the time we originally planned to get in.

At work, I'm being put on a new project. It's a project that I really have no idea what I'm doing. It's all about programming and computers and when I'm given instructions, it mostly goes over my head. But I'm sure I'll pick it up pretty well.

We left work and I had to rush home to take a big fat dump that I had been holding since the previous night. Mother Routes and I had to pay off some bills at the mall and I had to buy the final component of my Halloween costume (a blue Hawaiian shirt with yellow leaves/flowers). Well, we paid the bills and looked all over for the right shirt. No luck. So we went to this Surf Outlet near my house to find that it had closed down long ago. No luck. We went to CostCo. No luck. We went to Marie Callendar because the pie sale is almost over, but there weren't any good pies left. No luck. Then we went to Target where I found the steering wheel feeling a bit wobbly. Some other motorist alerted us that the tire was flat. No FREAKIN' luck! So we had to call my dad to help us out and we found that my phone had just gone from one bar of battery left to ZERO. We tried to conserve battery as we tried to contact Father Routes, but he was nowhere to be found. Finally we got a hold of him and he swung to our rescue.

What I've found is that whenever I need my cell phone for whatever reason, the battery is always either nearly dead or I don't have it on me. Basically, I have my phone 98% of the time I don't need my phone. One time, Erico Suave and I were going to Disneyland to schedule interviews for jobs when he suddenly blew out a tire. We started swerving left and right and finally he reached the side of the freeway. None of us had our cell phones with us, so we hiked to a Carrow's and called on a payphone.

Another time, I left my headlights on all day while I was at class. The car was dead and I needed to get a hold of someone, but my battery was near dead. So I phoned an old high school friend who went to the same school and she rescued me.

I'm just glad this crappy day is over and I maintained a pretty good sense of humor about it. I never did find the shirt I need for my costume. Maybe I just won't dress up... AGAIN!



I say it sucka sucka sucka sucka sucka sucka sucka sucka sucka sucka sucka sucka suck, it suck to be me,

Unlucky
_________________________________________________________________________