Thursday, May 05, 2005

ViveViveVive


I wish everyday were 05-05-05! Then I wouldn't age a bit and years from now, I'll still look like I'm 14!

Today is a very special day because the title of this blog has two meanings! Firstly, "ViveViveVive" kinda sounds like you're saying "five-five-five," but really fast. Secondly, "ViveViveVive" could possibly mean "LiveLiveLive" for all my Mexican homies who are celebrating their five of May! You know who you are. If you don't, just say the name "Hubert" and you'll know...

Anyway, Disneyland kicked off their 50th Anniversary celebration today! Too bad I couldn't go because I had a job interview!!! Yes, and funny story too.

So earlier this week I got a call from the HR woman who asked me to schedule my interview. Not thinking that I had ANYTHING planned for the week, because I never do, I said "any time." She gave me Thursday (today) at 2pm. So I went to schedule it into my Outlook calender only to find that, of all days, I had a luncheon with my big big boss for his 20th Anniversary to attend. But since the lunch was scheduled to end at 1:45pm, I figured it was enough time to get back for the interview.

So today, I went to the luncheon. It so happened that the chosen restaurant was all the way across town and by bus, it took 30 minutes to get there. And at lunch, it took forever for our food to come. Long story short, by the time lunch ended, I had 15 minutes to get to my interview. My current boss offered to give me a ride.

But wouldn't you know it? We hit every conceivable red light. Then, after my boss dropped me off at the front of the building, I ran to the elevator. The doors were just starting to close when a security guard yelled my name. So I turned to answer, but I saw that he was calling out to his friend of the same name! And that's when the elevator doors shut.

Condensed story shorter, I got to the interview with 2 minutes to spare.

Well anyway, the interview went pretty well. They're going to interview some other external candidates before making a final decision.

I've got a lot on the line with this job. If I get the job, I'm splurging and buying the new iMac G5. If I don't get it, I'll settle for the Mac Mini. Either way, I'm switching to Apple.

BTW, it's Psyman's birthday today. If you see him, wish him a nice day.



Life begins anew!

Ricky
_________________________________________________________________________