Friday, July 01, 2005

Friggin' Suite!


My new big boss invited my entire department to the Dodgers vs. the D'backs tonight. With the Fourth of July weekend and many co-workers leaving town, extra tickets were distributed to Mother Routes's side and she and Timotei got to go too!

The company has a suite on the first base line and it was freakin' awesome sitting there. From the time we entered, we noticed that our tickets were bigger and grander than normal tickets. We knew exactly where to go, but we asked people anyway so that we could make it KNOWN that we were in the suite.

When we got to the room, many co-workers were already there. They had free food set out; Dodger dogs, barbeque chicken, sandwiches, salad, potato salad, pasta salad, chips, popcorn, assorted nuts, cookies, fruit, beer, soda, mineral water... but the greatest food item came by special cart... The Dessert Wagon. Jebus Crisco, they had desserts up the wazoo. All sorts of cheesecake, Snickers cake, candy, caramel apples, chocolate shot glasses, and cupcakes made it the fatman's heaven. But for me, I got the 6 layer carrot cake which was undoubtedly the BEST carrot cake I've ever had in my life. Six layers of goddamn goodness with a whipped cream that bitch-slapped my tastebuds. I ate so much.

The game was awesome too! The Dodgers kicked major major league ass! There were two homeruns and Jason Repko made a spectacular catch out in right field where he slammed into a lighted display. It was craaaazy!

I'll have pictures from the event soon.

In other news, I am getting a new pair of eye glasses. I've been heavily wearing my contact lenses for the past year (day in and day out from 5am to midnight) and my eyeball is telling me, "NO!" Something about developing bumps on my eyeball something something. Whatever. I really don't give a shit about my health anymore. Fuck this whole life thing.

Anyway, now I'm trying to cut down on my contact lens reliance and wear glasses most of the time. I had a pair of glasses, but they were really thick, so I never wanted to wear them out. So this time, I paid $255 out-of-pocket for the thinnest pair I could get; the best money can buy. They'd better be nice or that's just another $255 sitting on my counter while I develop more speed bumps on the ol' corneas.



Root root rooting for anything good to happen,

Ricky
_______________________________________