Friday, December 30, 2005

End of Year Sneer


It's a good day today! My head honcho boss let the entire department off early for the weekend. However, Timotei ain't a part of my department and so I am sitting here listening to the Newsies soundtrack and writing another interesting chapter to the saga that is my blogga.

I'm actually quite saddened by the lack of well thought-out stories this month. I've been lazy. You'll forgive me because I've been sick most of this month and busy with gift finding. So cruel is the life of mine.

In any word, I thought I'd just use this blog as a year wrap up since I don't anticipate any further blogs for this year (see Laziness above). But I'm not really good with remembrance, so I'm just going to post some random thoughts.

Did I ever tell you guys about the time my belt broke at work? I was called into my manager's office to review something on his computer. As I'm leaning forward to check his monitor, I hear a peeuoo and a ping! and the pressure at my waist felt light. It was when I looked down that I noticed my belt broke and my pants were starting to drop. I had no idea what to say. I kinda just grabbed the two ends of my belt and kept my pants from falling. My boss then looks at me and I just blurt out the obvious, "My belt just broke." I didn't think I had gained much weight, but perhaps only inches around the midsection? Nonetheless, at that moment, I thought I was getting really PHAT (piggy hands and toes). My manager picked up the screw to my belt from under his desk and handed it to me as my face turned cherry red. Apparently the screw on the belt had been loosening all these years and finally gave way at the worst (or best storywise) time imaginable. If my life were a movie, my pants would have fallen and a co-worker would have walked into the office. Oh awkward predicamento!

Angel Wing Jasmine and her bright-eyed best NorCal friend Sunshine came down for a weekend of Holiday Disney exactly two weeks ago. I only got to spend the Friday night with them and it was much fun! Erico Suave saved the day as he got us into the parks for free and also hung out with us to boot. Here are some very overdue pictures:

Sunshine and Angel Wing Jasmine



RickyRoutes and Sunshine



Ellvin Kelvin came back to town last week. It's been fun having him around. I wish he could stay longer. But you know New Yorkians. Why would they choose anywhere else to celebrate the new year when they have the ultimate block party countdown in Times Square? Well, our family got him a PSP for Christmas. I got Timotei an iPod protector he wanted and the second Lord of the Rings movie on DVD.

Now more importantly, the gifts I received! (Please note that I still haven't received gifts from some and I will edit this blog to reflect their gifts once we get a chance to exchange.)

Ellvin Kelvin - a FFAT (furiously fine and tumultuous) pair of DKNY sunglasses (because you know, he's an eye doctor in training)
Timotei - The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap for GBA
Father and Mother Routes - $100 towards the purchase of Ellvin Kelvin's PSP
Angel Wing Jasmine - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (a seriously FATT [fantastic and titillatingly titular] Nintendo DS title), Futurama comic books and calendar, and a Graeme Base book that I've been wanting since I was in the first grade)
Erico Suave - Trace Memory for Nintendo DS, a Metal Gear Solid comic collection that I've been wanting for months
Princess Karlita - Spelling Bee soundtrack
MacArthur - a comfortable as hell green Mossimo jacket
Family - 2 Gamecube/PS2 games, Simpsons Operation, Harry Potter Scene It, bathroom essentials, gift cards, poker chips, and money!

Overall it was a good haul.

And here's our holiday card if you wish to see it and become merry:



Well, I'm just about out of this office. I thought I had more random thoughts and stories to tell you, but I didn't or I don't have enough time. Oh well, I've got all of 2006 for all that. Gotta save some stories for the future, otherwise my readership would go from two people to one.



Have a PHFATT (potentially healthy, festive, and terribly trite) new year, ya buncha FAT (flabby and tubby) asses!

Ricky
_________________________________________________________________________