Saturday, April 28, 2007

Anything Just to See You

Seriously, who would have thought there was anybody on Earth besides myself who still knew what Third Eye Blind was.

That's the set up and now here's the kicker.

It thrilled my wittle heart when I finally got a piece of useful spam from Ticketmaster (my most hated rival) proclaiming "Don't miss Third Eye Blind"!

"Hoily shit!" I yelped. Hoily because my T-zone runoff was trickling into my eyes. Of course I wouldn't miss my favorite band from my teens. Actually, Third Eye Blind happened to be my very first favorite band period. And of course their concert was also a very first. And to this day, I still love their music.

This new tour came out of the Blue and celebrates their 10th year (as a band, I'm guessing). It's sure seemed longer than that.

Okay, so tickets went on sale this past Thursday. The plan was to go down to Downtown Disney and buy tickets after work. But when I got home that night, the last thing I wanted to do was take a drive and deal with the whole Disneyland area. So I put it off till today. Well, I called and they sold out! BAJEBUS!!! I freakin' missed my chance. Honestly, I'm really shocked that it sold out so fast. I had no idea people still cared for the band. But that's awesome in its owe way. It bodes well for a fourth album!

There are two concerts that rank among the best ever in my life. One is the Rufio/Something Corporate/Yellowcard concert at the awesome Bren Events Center in Irvine (would have been better without Yellowcard). The other, of course, was Third Eye Blind who had previously rocked the House of Blues Downtown Disney. God, seriously, they were awesome, and I wanted to replicate that awesomeness. But because of my laziness, I'm SOL.

Well, let this be a lesson for me and anyone else. Don't be a lazy ass. Buy concert tickets!


2 Days Late,

Ricky