Thursday, November 06, 2008

Th-Recaps

It was a busy time, the past 6 days.

Firstly: Hollow Weenie
Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Barack'd! The event was fun and scary. Not sure if it was because it was Halloween night and that people would rather dress up than go to a theme park, or maybe because it was a Friday evening, or maybe it was because it was supposed to rain that night, but the park was not crowded at all.

We went through all the mazes. The most impressive maze for me was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre maze. It was the only one that was hands-down terrifying. The maze itself looked just like entering the house from the movie. And to have this huge chainsaw-wielding leather-faced maniac jump out from every corner really gets the blood pumping. But the Freddy Krueger and Jason mazes were awesome too! There's a part in the Nightmare on Elm Street maze where a giant stroller sits in a room. Then suddenly a strobe light goes off and Freddy Krueger's finger-knives are inches from your face. Really cool. I hope to make this an annual event!

Secondamundo: Steals Mannequin
On the day of the Jack's Mannequin concert, I wasn't really feeling like going to the concert after all. I generally get this feeling that I'm way too old for these kinds of things. Just seeing all the kids at these events makes me feel really old. But in the end, I'm glad I went.

As always, I was running late. When we got down to the pit, well, we couldn't get into the pit because it was packed to seemingly capacity. We had to settle behind people standing on the stairs that led to the pit. I hate being stuck behind people who don't get into the show. They just stand there and block the way. They kill the vibe. And that's exactly who we were stuck behind; people who were content standing elevated on the stairs and not letting anyone through. And don't even get me started on the fucking annoying ass couple in front of me. Girl was obviously dating the guy for his cash because he was ugggggggers and a huge geek!

But right as Jack's Mannequin started playing, the crowd in the pit lurched forward as always happens, and Rionheart forced his way through the stair-crowders. MEG, Agent J, and I latched onto him and zoomed into the pit! We landed behind a group of short chicks, so our view was AWESOME!

And the concert was awesome too! JM played most of their songs from their first album and new album and also, as a surprise, Something Corporate's "Cavanaugh Park!" Yeah, the entire thing Barack'd!

Thirdriht: Barack'd the Vote!
Woot! Woot! We did it! I can't believe it's been 4 years since I wrote this rant about Bush winning a second term. After reading through what I had written (I honestly don't remember writing that stuff), it's kind of scary how much of it came true. Of course, I'm not quite so sure that John Kerry would have been such a great choice, thinking back. At the time, yes, anyone would have been better than Bush. But it's interesting. If Kerry had been elected, we wouldn't be here today with our first black president. And the feelings of hope in the air, it's just so damn refreshing. I love it. We even got a cake to celebrate!



Hopefully I don't look back on this post and think, oops. I feel pretty confident that Obama will do us good. I mean, when we are so down low in the crapper, there's only one way to go-- UP!

The best thing about the election being over... Sarah Palin's hyper-psycho-religious candy ass can take a hike back to Alaska! Don't come back you uneducated dumbass bitch!


Tres!

Thr-icky